AmeriCorps Education Fellowship
Great Oaks Legacy AmeriCorps Education fellows supplement the instruction that our students receive in the classroom all while building their leadership skills and preparing for their future careers. Fellows play an integral role in our school community by providing small groups of students individualized instruction, mentorship, and enrichment opportunities each day.
The Fellowship brings together a diverse group of recent college graduates with a variety of backgrounds and interests. Some fellows are interested in education policy and wish to experience life on the ground in a school. Others plan to pursue a career in medicine, law or to enroll in another graduate program and wish to first give a year of service. For fellows who wish to become high-performing teachers, Great Oaks Legacy offers multiple pathways to certification, including a Gateway to Teaching program.
To Learn More about AmeriCorps Education Fellowship, visit https://gofellows.org/
In exchange for serving as an AmeriCorps Education Fellow with us, fellows receive:
- Fully furnished housing with utilities and basic household items included
- A living stipend, health insurance
- A Segal Education Award of over $ 5,000.00 after completing service hours
- Childcare benefits if you qualify
- Possible forbearance of qualified student loans
- Member Assistance Program offering services such as counseling and financial planning resources
- The opportunity to be a part of a community where everyone is passionate about changing outcomes for urban students