We strive to create an environment and culture for growth and development to build sustaining careers.
We are committed to recruiting and developing talented teachers who share the belief that all students deserve a high quality education. You’ll be joining a supportive community.
• Instructional Coaching & Leader Support
• Year-round Professional Development
• Co-Teacher or Teaching Assistant Support
• Positive, Student-Focused School Culture & Close- Knit Community
• Opportunities for Growth & Development
Crucial to a high functioning school are committed and knowledgeable individuals working outside of the classroom to support teachers, work in functional areas and manage day-to-day operations. Our administrative team provides the unwavering leadership and operational support needed to run a truly great school.
“Throughout my five years with Great Oaks Legacy, I’ve grown because of the resources that have been provided to me through mentors and leaders and opportunities offered like tuition reimbursement. Being able to grow in one place (and not have to outsource from different places) makes Great Oaks Legacy a great place to be.”
— Ms. Houndode, Third Grade Teacher, Math
“It’s a very family-oriented culture. I found some of my closest teacher friends working here at Great Oaks Legacy Charter School.... it’s a fun environment that allows you to be yourself. I really appreciate that I get to bring my personality to work and I don’t always have to turn it off.”
— Ms. Harper-Davis, ELA Teacher, Grades 7 & 8
"Strong relationships are super important. Making sure students get to college is our job as teachers along with the students’ parents. We work together as a family to make that happen."
— Christopher Velasquez
Perks & Benefits include but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their dependents. Employees choose from two plans.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) -pre-tax savings for healthcare, dependent care, transit and parking
- An employer-funded spending account for each employee to tap into health and wellness partnerships and initiatives–gyms, spas and yoga sessions are just a few examples
Learn more about benefits and download a Benefits Overview.
Apply to join our team today!
The mission of Great Oaks Legacy Charter School is to prepare its students for success in college.
- Edward Gibbs, Math Teacher, 8th Grade
This is my 5th year here, but this is my fourth position, and each time I've been growing and leveling up in the position. So I think they really look to your strengths and … guide you for the new position. There's a lot of opportunity for growth.
- Ms. Williams, 2nd Grade Teacher